Crispy Haggis, Neeps & Tattie Gratin
Have a go at our Mackie's Crisps twist on a Burns Night classic - Haggis, Neeps & Tatties!
Mackie's Crisps Crispy Haggis, Neeps & Tattie Gratin
• 450g haggis
• 300g turnip (cut into small chunks)
• 500g potato (maris piper or similar)
• 2 tablespoons double cream
• 40g butter
• 1 pack of Mackies Ridge Cut Whisky & Haggis Potato Crisps
• Cook the haggis according to pack instructions.
• Peel and chop the potatoes and turnips into large chunks then boil in separate pans for around 30 mins until soft. Drain well.
• Add butter and pepper to the turnip then mash until smooth.
• Add cream to the potatoes and mash until smooth.
• When the haggis is cooked, slit it open and put in the bottom
of a gratin dish.
• Top with turnip and potato adding a little more cream to the mash if required.
• Crush crisps in the packet and sprinkle on top of the gratin.
• Place in the oven at 180°C and cook for around 20 mins until piping hot.
• Serve with whisky sauce or gravy & enjoy!!